Avast antivirus software has been able to build a reputable position among the available antivirus software in the market. In line with its claims, it provides top-notch protection against virus infections and other potentially dangerous software that can compromise the functioning of PCs. However, despite being fully satisfied with the services of the software, most users find its automatic renewal option a feature to get rid of. Consequently, they seek ways to get rid of this feature.
If you are also seeking a way to put a stop to the Avast automatic renewal feature, the good thing is that it is possible if you follow the right steps for the process. Read on to find out how you can prevent it from renewing itself on its own.
How to stop Avast auto renewal
There are two primary distributors from whom you can order your Avira subscription: Digital River Nexway. If you are not sure which distributor you bought your order from, you can look for it either in the email statement of the statement of your debit card/credit card which you used to make the purchase of the product.
For a clear idea of the steps to cancel Avast automatic renewal that a user needs to undertake with both the methods of subscription, the steps for both the methods have been explained separately.
Cancellation For Avast order from Digital River
Method 1: Use the Avast customer portal to disable automatic renewal of your Avast order
- Launch one of the browsers on your computer system and visit the link: https://www.avast.com/find-order
- Input the details such as your order ID and password. Keep these details handy to make it simple and easy for you to enter the correct details. Once you have entered the requisite details in the relevant fields, click on the option ‘Find Order’.
- Now look for the option ‘Manage Subscription’ on the extreme right side of your order details. It should be there on the same table in which you would see the details of your order. You can cancel your auto-renewal service right here.
- Next, go to the page of subscription details. Turn off the setting by the side of ‘Automatic Renewals’.
- As the last step, click on the ‘Disable automatic renewal’ option to prevent the automatic renewal of your order after the expiry of your subscription period.
In case you have multiple Avira subscriptions, you need to perform the steps individually for Avast cancel automatic renewal for each order.
Method 2: Use your Avast account to turn off the automatic renewal feature
- Launch a browser on your desktop screen. Now, type the address: https://my.avast.com. Before you proceed any further, make sure that you have signed up for an Avast account.
- Look for the option ‘Your Licenses’. Click on the option upon seeing it on the screen.
- Under ‘Licenses’ look for the ‘Cancel Auto-Renewal’ option.
- Click ‘Deactivate Auto-Renewal Subscription’ to confirm the termination of the auto-renewal feature of your Avast subscription.
If you have two or more distinct subscriptions, you need to follow the steps separately for each subscription.
Cancellation For Avast order from Nexway
- Use the Avast customer portal to disable automatic renewal.
- Sign in to your email and go to the email inbox. Open the email in which you had received the confirmation order. Look for the link given in it to cancel the subscription order.
- Either click the link or copy and paste it in the address bar of your browser and hit the ‘Enter’ key. This step will take you to the web portal wherein you can cancel the automatic subscription feature meant for your future subscriptions.
- Once you are on the portal of Nexway, enter your credentials in the relevant field and sign in to your account by clicking on ‘Sign In’.
- Go to the ‘Overview’ page and look for the option ‘Change Auto-Renewal settings’ on the list featuring your present subscriptions. Click on this option to go to the page with your payment and billing information.
- Once you are on the page ‘Payment and Billing Details’, go to the ‘Auto-Renewal’ section and click on ‘Disabled’.
- To confirm that you wish to halt the automatic billing feature, click on ‘Disable automatic renewal’ option.
After the final step, you will receive a confirmation message pertaining to the change in the status of your subscription via an email. The email will have the message stating the cancellation of your subscription for the selected product. The same will also reflect in the subscription status relating to your account details on the portal. If you have been wondering how to cancel Avast renewal for a long time, your search ends right here with the troubleshooting steps in this step-by-step guide. Just ensure that you follow all the steps systematically and the whole process would be the breeze.