Process of uninstalling avast antivirus from Mac and Windows 10
In this era of exposed threats on a computer system, it is always recommended to opt for additional safety features. This added safety would not only boost the efficiency of your computer, but it will also keep you on the go all the time with all your resources safe and secure from any threats.
Data is the costliest entity in this digitalized world. So protecting it is always the highest priority. It’s a decent awareness to make use of antivirus software on any type of computer system you use, whether it is Mac or windows. They can keep you out of a lot of trouble on a day-to-day basis.
Untested programs can make substantial changes in your computer. They can alter your normal usage as well as they can also modify your web experience too. In the circumstance of Avast Antivirus, it can yield a slight additional exertion to make indisputable it’s completely detached from your computer system if you require to install one more antivirus package. So the article would be talking about How to Uninstall Avast?
If you are using avast antivirus, then you are lucky to some point. Along with the antivirus, it comes with a handy power tool that will help you to get rid of the antivirus program completely when you think of uninstalling the Avast antivirus program.
There would be instances when you would come across some error messages and failures. The free version of the antivirus program would refuse to uninstall and pop up with an error message. This interference would block you from completely getting rid of the antivirus program. Here are some fixes that you should take care of while attempting a complete removal. The methods though differ for both Windows and Mac. Below-given are certain steps for each of the environment where you use Avast antivirus program.
How to remove Avast antivirus from Pc:
- The first step would be to try to uninstall avast by using the old-style method. For this, you need to click on the start button and then select control panel from the search results, for which you have entered in the search bar present in the taskbar.
- When the control panel window appears, you need to click on program and features, and then you need to hunt for Avast antivirus software program. Once you find it, click on the Uninstall button. Then the avast uninstall window would appear and would prompt you with a setup menu and some on-screen options. You need to click on the uninstall button and then click on next.
- After completion of this step, you would site pop up with a message saying that an attempt has been made to uninstall Avast from the computer. Then you have to trail the on display choices. After all the subsequent steps are complete, the computer would perform a restart. This would complete the uninstallation of the avast antivirus program from your computer. But there would be instances when some files and folders still don’t get removed from your computer after the uninstallation process. So you can just check overall for any existing files and folders. If you find any such, then you can permanently delete it. This is an essential step if you are thinking of upgrading to a newer antivirus program for your computer system. But if you find that the avast antivirus is still not properly uninstalled. You can attempt a force uninstall which has some of the additional steps to completely remove it from your computer.
How to Uninstall Avast from Windows 10 forcefully?
The Avast Won’t Uninstall at times. Then you might be wondering How Do I Uninstall Avast On Windows 10? It’s a very simple process. You just need to select the avast product from the list of all avast installed products on your computer. After choosing the corresponding program, you need to click on ‘uninstall’ and authorize it to perform a removal of the program.
If you’re receiving a fault memo saying that the ‘self-defense module’ is stopping uninstallation, then you need to launch avast and then head over to the settings. You need to go to the ‘Troubleshooting’ tab and deselect the entire box that says, Enable avast self-defense module. Unchecking the check boxes would help you completely uninstall the Avast antivirus program from your windows 10 permanently.
How to Uninstall Avast On Mac:
The uninstall procedure on the mac is much easier as compared to the process followed in Windows:
- Launch the Avast antivirus program.
- Then you need to click on the program name in the menu bar.
- An option for uninstalling would popup.
- Click on confirm option to take the uninstall process ahead. The Mac wouldn’t even restart to complete the uninstall process.
This is it. Hope the steps would help and guide in the time when you attempt an uninstallation process in PC and as well as in MAC. After successful completion of the uninstallation process, you should never forget to install a new set of antivirus program to keep your computer and your data safe and secured from all unwanted worms.