In the wake of the looming threat to computers from different kinds of viruses, malware and other kinds of potentially harmful programs, antivirus software has become a necessity these days. To help PC users in keeping their machine protected from such attacks, the antivirus software development companies keep abreast with the latest information but also implement them in their updates from time to time.
Norton is a trusted name in the world of antivirus applications. It is one of the frontrunners when it comes to protecting the PCs from threats of virus infections.
While there is no denying the fact that the software comes across with a number of advantages. However, notwithstanding its plus points, sometimes it gives an issue due to which its users fail to access its services. This happens when the cookies, that basically store the browsing information of various websites, start storing malicious content. The technical term for this issue is Norton Error 30305 6.
Norton 30305 6 is also known by a number of other names. It is considered as one of the major issues on the problem list of Norton antivirus software.
What is Norton Autofix Error 30305 6?
Norton Autofix Error 30305 6 shows up due to a technical problem in the cookies on the browsers. It prevents users from accessing security services linked to the software. Resolving this issue is of paramount importance for Norton users as, without it, their personal computers would become vulnerable to virus infections and a number of other potential threats.
The other name given to this problem is Norton Internet Security Error 30305 6. On average, almost nine out of ten users of Norton antivirus software deal with this issue at some point in time in the course of their usage.
It is fundamentally a cookie-related issue and can be solved by removing the flawed software and then by reinstalling it.
Are you also facing the same issue on your PC? If yes, then do not worry as you can resolve this issue by performing some simple troubleshooting steps. So, go ahead and perform the troubleshooting steps in the step-by-step guide given below to get rid of this issue without much hassle.
Steps to Fix Norton 3035 6
Before performing the troubleshooting steps to resolve the Norton 30305 6, it is important to remove the Norton Family software from your PC. Next, operate the Norton Remove followed by the tool to reinstall the software. Once you complete these steps, you are ready to go with the rest of the steps. Make sure you follow each step given below in the right sequence without eliminating any of the suggested steps to get the desired results.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool on your PC. When the download is complete, save the file in the memory of your Windows Desktop.
- Next, open the download window of your browser. There are two ways to access this window. You can either use the various options available on the window or press the Ctrl and J keys together. This will open the download window on your screen.
- Now locate the NRnR icon on the screen. Upon spotting it, double click on the option.
- On the next screen, you will see all the terms and conditions fo the EULA (End User License Agreement). Go through the terms and conditions. If you are okay with the terms and conditions, proceed to the next step. Click on the Agree’ button to express your consent to the terms and conditions.
- Next, the ‘Advanced’ option will pop up on the screen. Click on this option followed by the one which says, ‘Remove Only’ option.
- Once you finish the last step, you will see ‘Remove’ on the screen. Push the button upon seeing it on the screen and then click on ‘Restart Now’.
- Upon clicking the ‘Restart Now’ option, your PC will restart on its own. Wait for a few seconds and allow your computer machine to boot up to the desktop screen.
- You will see a pop up with a set of instructions on the screen. Go through the instructions and follow them properly to conclude the ‘Norton Program’ installation.
It is imperative to follow these steps in the suggested order. Missing out on any of the steps in the given order can give rise to unknown issues or slow down the process. This is your best bet to get rid of the Norton error message 30305 6 without much fuss.
However, depending on how well you execute these steps, some issues may still creep in. If you spot an issue even after performing these troubleshooting steps, think about contacting the Norton customer support team to get rid of it as soon as possible.