Norton, a Symantec product and one of the trusted brands among the companies that manufacture security software, has gained in popularity among a number of PC users. While the antivirus software is known to have an answer to almost all kinds of security challenges, is itself not above dome technical issues.
Norton Error 8504 is one such error. The three main forms in which the error comes to the notice of users are Norton Error 8504 104, 0 and 100. These errors normally come to the fore due to the availability of two different kinds of security programs in a single computer.
It does not allow the computer machine to work normally as the computer machine can crash immediately due to two different kinds of security frameworks in the same machine. However, you can resolve it by performing a few troubleshooting steps. Read on to know how you can resolve these technical issues linked to Norton security product.
Steps to fix Norton Error 8504 104
Step 1: Operate the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
Have you already installed a Norton Symantec product such as Norton Family? If yes, then you need to uninstall it before running the Norton Uninstall and Remove Tool. Follow the steps given below.
- Go to the official website of Norton to download the tool uninstall and reinstall the Norton program.
- Save the file in the desktop folder in case you see a prompt to choose a destination folder in the course of downloading it. Wait until the download of the file is complete.
- When the download is complete, open the downloads window of your browsers. Tap the Ctrl and J buttons at once to open the folder.
- Look for the NRnR icon on the list of the downloaded files. Upon seeing the icon, click on it twice.
- On the subsequent window, you will see a license agreement. Read the terms and conditions and click ‘Agree’ to proceed to the next step.
- Now follow this path: Advanced Options->Remove Only->Remove->Restart Now.
- Your machine will restart immediately. Allow some time until the system boots to the main screen. Now focus on the computer screen. You will see some on-screen instructions. Follow the on-screen instructions as suggested on the screen to reinstall Norton antivirus.
Step 2: Uninstall non-Symantec antivirus software from your PC
- Launch the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows key and the R button at once.
- Input appwiz.cpl in the box and hit Enter.
- Upon hitting the Enter key, you will see a list of programs that you can uninstall in the form of a list. Look for the non-Symantec product on the list. Click on Uninstall or Remove to uninstall the program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the program. Wait until the program is removed completely. Thereafter restart the computer.
Step 3: Update the video graphics driver
- Launch the Run dialogue box on the main screen by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press the Enter key.
- Now, go to the window of Device Manager and choose the option ‘Properties’.
- Next, go to the Driver tab and look for the graphics card driver. Find out the status of the graphics card driver. Try to find out if it is current or out of date. Your best bet to determine it with ease is to look for the version of the graphics driver.
- In case the driver is outdated, update the same so that you can resolve the issue. Once you are done with the updates, restart the computer.
- Wait until the computer boots to the main screen. Once the computer boots to the main screen, check if the existing issue has been resolved or not.
- Hopefully, you will be able to find a solution to the Norton Security Error 8504 and 104 by performing the troubleshooting steps as given above. You will also find a solution to Norton Security Error 8504 And 100 by following the steps for Step 1, as suggested above.
For resolving Norton Error 8504 0, follow the steps given below.
- Run the Norton Autofix tool
- Launch Norton by following this path: My Norton window->Open
- In the primary window, click on the option ‘Help’ and then ‘Get Support’. This will set the Norton AutoFix Tool into action which will automatically repair the existing problems with a product.
What to do if the issue does not go away even after trying these troubleshooting steps
Performing the above steps in the suggested sequence is your best bet to get rid of the Norton Error 8504 issues. However, despite trying out these steps, the issue may still not go away completely. What can you do to fix the issue?
In such a scenario, get in touch with us without any further delay. If the troubleshooting steps suggested above does not resolve the issue, it possible that there is an underlying issue which is causing it. Our technicians will look into it and diagnose the issue so they can begin working on your machine.