Norton antivirus software is one of the leading software which is popular across the globe for shielding computer systems from harmful virus infections and other potentially dangerous programs. What’s more? It has super smooth controls and is fast and easy to operate.
However, sometimes it may stop working smoothly due to some technical issues. Due to such issues, your Norton product may not work in the same way as before. In such situations, the first thing you need to do is make sure that you resolve the issue. Only then you will be able to use the software again.
Out of the long list of technical issues that can prevent your Norton product from operating in the usual manner, Norton error 3048 3, and Norton Error 3048 104 are common issues.
In addition, Norton Error 3048 2 is another major issue in this regard. Normally, when this type of technical issue creeps in the software, it displays an error message on the computer screen. Read on to find out how you can get rid of these issues by performing a few simple troubleshooting steps.
Steps to fix Norton error 3048 3
Has the Norton software on your computer encountered Norton error 3048.3? If yes, then there are two important steps to resolve the problem: running live update, and downloading and then running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. You need to do these steps carefully so that you are able to take care of the issue without any hassle.
Even as you feel you are not tech-savvy, you don’t need to worry. Follow the steps given below to resolve the issue.
Step 1: Run live update
- Launch Norton by following this path: My Norton->Device Security->Open.
- Next, you need to open LiveUpdate. Follow this path: double click on Security->LiveUpdate.
- The update will begin. Wait for some time and sit tight until the update is complete. Once it is complete, click ‘OK’.
- Keep running the LiveUpdate option until you see the message on the window that indicates that your Norton product has the latest security updates.
- Once you see the message, think about restarting your computer to find out if the issue has been resolved. In case the issue persists, move to the next step.
As a matter of fact, you need to download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to resolve the Norton Error. If you have already installed the Norton family, make sure you uninstall it before running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Here is what you need to do to run the tool.
Step 2: Run the Norton Uninstall and Reinstall tool
- Launch your browser on the computer and download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Depending on the setting of your browser, the file will be either saved automatically or it may prompt you for a location to save the file. In the case of the latter, choose desktop as the storage location of the file.
- Wait for some time to allow the file to download. Once the download is complete, open the window with downloaded files. You can either navigate using the mouse or press Ctrl and J buttons together to open it directly.
- Now, click the NRnR icon twice. This should open the license agreement.
- Go through the terms and conditions and click on ‘Agree’ to consent to conditions stated in the agreement.
- Push the ‘Continue’ or ‘Remove’ buttons. Next, click on ‘Restart Now’. This will restart the system.
- When the computer reboots to the main screen, you will see the on-screen instructions. Follow those instructions to reinstall the Norton product.
Ideally, these steps should resolve Norton Security Error 3048.3 and Norton Error 3048 1034. For Norton error 3048 2, start following the steps from step 2.
Run a test to determine whether Norton 3048.3 Error has been rectified or not. If the issue still shows up, it means the problem needs an investigation in greater detail. Rather than dealing it on your own, you may want to hand over the task to an expert.
Get in touch with Norton Antivirus Support
Notwithstanding the fact that you will be able to deal with the Norton software issues by following the above mentioned steps, there is a likelihood that the issue may still persist. In such cases, get in touch with us at your earliest convenience. There may be some other underlying cause behind it. So, the quicker you get in touch with our experts, the better.
Our expert technicians will take a look at the issue in detail by running a check and depending on their diagnosis of the problem, they will take steps to rectify it accordingly. With their level of understanding it wouldn’t take more than a few minutes for them to get to the bottom of the issue. Why wait any further then? Contact us now!